Saturday, February 7, 2015

Fresh Paint and a Starter Classroom! (Pics)

(Forgive the format...I absolutely cannot get this to work, and my patience is waning.)

As promised (although late), a picture blog entry to cover my house transformation! :)

Last Tuesday, my dad was so kind as to drive my brother, Jeremiah, and my friend, Andi Brubaker, all the way to my house, take us all to San Juan so we could buy paint, and then head home. Then these two fine fellows were kind enough to stick around for two nights, helping me to paint my kitchen, bedroom, and garage (aka: classroom).

Oh, but first, the guys put together my shelf for school supplies. Look at that team work!
  


Then we set to work painting!






Because of exhaustion and lack of time, we left the 'pila' area and the bathroom undone. I was still pleased as pie (if pie can really be pleased); however, to my delight, my friend, Joel, who was staying here in San Pablo with the pastor's family, offered to come help me with the last bit! (The first pic shows him hard at work...the second shows me eating a granola bar while sitting on the toilet. But do not be alarmed: I was only on the lid.) ;)


And here were the end results! I'm not posting the "before" pics due to picture overload, but use your imagination! (And know that it was quite dirty and pathetic looking before.)

 

















Once the painting was done, I had the freedom to begin decorating my classroom!

    






 And we began classes on Monday! Only MarĂ­a showed up the first day, and her sister stuck around with us all morning. On Wednesday, Marta Delores showed up, as well! Although she wasn't anxious to participate, we were just glad to have her there. (It will just take time and patience.)




That was just a quick picture update to keep you all aware of what is going on here! Have a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Brittany what a great transformation! LOVE these pics. Praying for God to keep guiding!!

    ReplyDelete